Introduction to Food Engineering
Virtual Experiments - Instructions
Virtual experiments allow you to conduct experiments using a computer or a mobile device. These experiments may be used as stand alone or they may augment hands-on laboratory experience.
Select a virtual experiment from the list of experimentsand a new window will open in your browser where you may conduct the selected experiment by changing input parameters.
Instructions for saving data on a spreadsheet for further analysis
To export results data from the virtual lab:
- Click the "Export Data" button on the "Virtual Experiment" webpage. A text file with a name "Download" will be created, and downloaded to your browser
- Save the file, according to following the step, depending upon your browser
- If using Microsoft Edge, a file called "Download " will be downloaded. Save the file and rename it by adding ".csv" extension .
- If using Firefox, a new webpage will show up. Choose "Text Files" in the "Save as type"
dropdown list, and save the webpage as a ".csv" file (.csv suffix is okay here).
- If using Safari, a new window will pop up. Save the webpage as a ".csv" file.
To import data into Excel:
Locate the downloaded text file, and add a ".csv" extension to the file name if it's not already there.
Open the csv file using Excel directly.
This data transfer feature is not available if you conduct virtual experiments using an iPad or iPhone. Please allow sufficient time (around 10-20 s) when you use mobile devices to view the resulting plots.